I have now done a search for “free” cloud based software for music creation and found quite a lot actually:
- Monkey Machine: A simple but decent drum machine based on Hydrogen
- Aviary’s Music Creator – ROC which is an easy to use, sequencer software.
- Aviary’s Myna – which is an easy to use multitrack recorder and sample DAW (similar to Garage Band from Apple in many ways)
- Soundation – which is a loop and sample focused online music studio like Myna
- Audiotool – which is a music creation platform much like Propellerhead’s reason – focused on electronic music
- Audiosauna – which is a simple midi sequenser with a built in sampler as well
- Rocudo – which is a sample loop based tool for live remixing
- UJam – which is a very cool idea. You upload or sing/play into the program and it analyses your audio and generates accompaniment.
- Noteflight – which is a cloud based and very capable notation software
All of the above are free and should be useful for a music teacher I assume. Just tell me how 🙂